As the evolution of modern advancements continues to rise, the spotlight is on to Artificial Intelligence (AI). Indeed, AI has gone through astounding heights and has rapidly shaped many of human’s activities and interactions. However, despite the promising benefits and impacts of AI in the medical field, the healthcare industry has remained particularly more cautious in adopting these technologies in patient care and service, and for the obvious reason that people’s lives can be at stake.
The question remains, how will these advancements impact the healthcare sector?
AI-Based System Benefits: How AI is Transforming the Health Sector Now
Poised to be the largest sector likely to be affected by modern technological advancements, without a doubt AI will significantly transform the future of healthcare. Chatbots and other ‘Intelligent’ technologies have been projected to shape the way doctors make diagnosis to rendering treatment to their patients.
Below are some trends that show how healthcare is leveraging this:
- Faster and seamless processing of patient’s medical records. This also includes more secure medical report handling and analysis.
- Accurate medical diagnostics without the need for patients to undergo more invasive tests and procedures such as in angiogram which helps diagnose chronic heart disease and cancer diagnosis through the use of advanced 3D models.
- Helping detect anomalies and errors in images and scans thereby enhancing the efficiency of medical analysis which can be challenging for humans.
- Robotic surgery has provided invaluable aid for surgeons enabling them to conduct delicate medical procedures with fewer complications and reducing risks to patients.
- Promoting efficiency in note taking eliminates manual tasks which are rather time-consuming. This frees health providers from administrative tasks and let them prioritize on more urgent ones.
- Providing an extension to the physician, chatbots can be a useful educational tools for the patient to guide them on their condition.
Time, accuracy and precision are of paramount importance in the field of medical care and this is exactly what AI will provide. Medical errors are the third leading cause of death. Better adoption of AI will drastically reduce such errors. Overall, these progressive developments will offer tremendous amount of transformations with the way health professionals deliver cost-effective, excellent and accurate diagnostic and treatment services to their patients.
AI will serve its purpose in enhancing the capabilities of our healthcare team members rather than ultimately replacing them. Needless to say, human care will always be crucial in terms of healthcare services. In light of this, it’s time that people become more open and cast away their doubts on this amazing technology. As bright as the future of AI in healthcare is deemed to be, without the necessary support, its growth and development will not reach its maximum potential. It’s time we look at AI in healthcare as pathway to oasis of opportunities.